And now for the fun part! All of the “fine print” that we know and love. Almost all of this has been stated elsewhere on the website so don’t be surprised if you see something repeated here. It’s those other things that we missed which is why we have this page. Nobody likes surprises unless it’s a trip to Disney World, or a birthday party, or… well, let’s just say no one likes surprises in their portrait sessions. So, here you go! The “Fine Print”!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rescheduling / Cancellations: HHP shall reserve the time and date agreed upon. Unless HHP is able to fully replace the cancelled reservation, all sitting fees and retainers are nonrefundable, even if the portrait is rescheduled or canceled for any reason other than inclement weather. If, in the opinion of the photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of HHP, the photographer may elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the session.
- Model Release: HHP reserves the right to use images created for advertising, display, publication or other purposes. The Client signing their portrait contract warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall indemnify and defend HHP in the event of litigation arising out of such use. Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of HHP.
- Limit of Liability: if HHP cannot perform their duties due to the photographer’s illness or emergency, fire or other casualty, act of God, or any other cause beyond the control of HHP, then HHP shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the Client, but shall have no further liability. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event HHP fails to perform for any other reason, HHP shall not be liable for any amount in excess of all monies paid.
- Pricing and Credits: the prices charged to you are based on HHP’s current price list. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed. Any print credit included in the session fee is valid for 14 days beginning the day the gallery is placed online and only if the Client submits their order within those 14 days. No part of any order will be delivered until the balance is paid in full.
- Refunds: Neither the session fee nor any payment towards a product order, in whole or in part, will be refunded once payment has been accepted unless the products received are incorrect or damaged beyond repair. Unsatisfactory sessions will be rescheduled and are non-refundable.
- NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs elsewhere without HHP’s written permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. This includes, but is not limited to saving images from online galleries and websites or digitally scanning prints.